The 7 Step Boxing Workout by Coach Azubuike Continued
With the first three steps of Leyon Azubuike’s 7 step boxing workout mastered, let’s complete the rest of the fitness regimen here.
The 7 Step Boxing Workout by Azubuike
4. Side Plank + Reach
- Start in a side plank position with your feet stacked on top of each other. If stacking is difficult, you can place one foot in front of the other for the meantime.
- Stretch your arm as if to reach the ceiling. Make sure that your core is tight and there is a straight line from your head to your feet.
- Then, rotate your upper body toward the ground reaching your arm through the space between your body and the floor.
- Lift back to side plank.
- Repeat 10 times on each side.
5. Scap Push-Up
- Begin in a normal plank with your shoulders directly over your hands. Remember to keep one long line from your head to your feet with your core and butt tight.
- Then, pinch your shoulder blades together as you slightly lower your body
- Perform the cap push-up 15 times.
- Stand-up straight with your legs spread apart and your right hand lifted above your head. You can hold weights for the extra challenge.
- Slowly and with control, reach your left hand down between your legs while keeping your chest open and your right arm reaching to the ceiling.
- Hold briefly and stand back up, keeping your eyes on the hand that is lifted.
- Repeat 8 times on each side.
7. Turkish Get-Up
- Lie on your back with your right arm lifted directly above your shoulder and your right knee bent. Again, you can use weights to add more challenge to the routine.
- Slowly, sit up straight, keeping your right arm lifted above you the whole time.
- Lift your hips so that they reach the same height as your right knee. Make sure that you place the majority of your weight between your left arm and right leg when you perform this step.
- With control, step your left leg backward so that you are now on one knee in the kneeling position, keeping your arm lifted the entire time.
- Stand back up.
- Repeat 4 times on each side.
With these 7 step boxing workout that you can do anywhere, anytime, we hope those gloves go beyond just a well-liked Instagram selfie. Rather, maximize these beginner steps to have those fitness and weight loss goals within your reach. We’re ready to get strong!